News & Events, including Seminars
Engaging workers and contractors - current issues and future developments in employment law and IR35
Date: Wednesday 21 November 2018
Time: 9.00am - 10.00am (Registration and breakfast from 8.30am)
Engaging workers and contractors - a debate around current issues and future developments in employment law and IR35
ISE Partners in conjunction with Wedlake Bell, is pleased to announce further details of its employment status debate.
The debate will explore from the end client's perspective the evolving legal and tax landscape of engaging workers and contractors, including the following issues:
• What will "default" worker status mean for businesses?
• Is HMRC's employment status test still relevant?
• What will the impact be of the extension of the off-payroll working rules to the private sector?
This promises to be a fascinating discussion, highly relevant to all organisations who engage individuals as workers or self-employed contractors.
• Samantha Hurley, Operations Director, APSCo (the Association of Professional Staffing Companies) – APSCo was formed to give all firms involved in the recruitment of professional talent that have a commitment to excellence, the specialist support and distinctive voice they need to be successful. It gives candidates and employers a trusted badge of quality whilst providing member firms with an innovative range of services designed for them by recruitment experts.
• Adam Kay, Partner, Saffrey Champness – Adam is a Partner in the Transactions Tax team at Saffrey Champness, a top 20 firm of chartered accountants.
• Adam Grant, Partner, Wedlake Bell – Adam is a Partner in Wedlake Bell's Employment Team, a leading London law firm.
• Blair Adams, Partner, Wedlake Bell – Blair is Head of the Employment and Pensions Team at Wedlake Bell.
We hope you will join us.
mail: jen.white@isepartners for your complimentary place
Selection of Previous Workshops/Seminars:
Remuneration Round-Up: Legal Update on Compensation Practices
Blair Adams, Partner within Law Firm DMH Stallard's Employment Practice, led an informative and interactive seminar covering then recent additions and amendments to UK Employment Law that affect businesses. Topics covered included recent case law on bonuses and salary sacrifice arrangements, and regulatory developments affecting pay, plus other cutting edge updates.
Part 2: Post-employment issues: Decision to Dismiss Made... What Next?
This interactive seminar saw Blair Adams, DMH Stallard LLC’s Employment Law Partner, cover a tricky topic – areas focussed on were around notice, Garden Leave and PILONs, tax, Settlement Agreements, Restrictive Covenants and confidentiality, and references and reporting. A detailed and comprehensive summary of a key business area.
Part 1: Recruitment and pre-employment: Avoiding a Tribunal
Blair Adams, Employment Law Partner at DMH Stallard LLC delivered a popular and informative session on the key elements to ensure in your recruitment process to protect against future tribunal action by employees.
Employment Law: Shared Parental Leave
This session covered the obligations, eligibility and notification as well as areas ripe for dispute such as the application of enhanced pay policies.
Training & Development: Top Tools for Teams
Liz Jones of thetrainingstudio discusses the merits of various psychometric testing methods for building strong and productive teams.
Employment Law: Six-Tricky Topics
An action-packed session covering Flexible working, options if an employee doesn’t disclose a disability during the recruitment process, dealing with an employee a client won’t work with, risks of asking part-time workers to go full-time, genuine self-employment criteria and an update on Agency Workers Regulations.
Training & Development: Why coaching?
In this popular session we explored ways in which PAs & EAs can coach up, down and side-to-side to ensure stronger collaboration and communication with their boss, team and employer.
Employment Law: Keeping on the right side of the law, recent updates in case law for HR professionals
Training & Development: Innovative Interviewing
Our knock-out presenter, Liz Jones of thetrainingstudio, presented a fast and furious review of tired interviewing skills, how to enliven and enlighten using modernised methods to get the best results.
*All events are London based unless stated otherwise