This is a forward thinking, hugely disruptive, financial services business, who have swiftly grown to a team of 500 managing more than £6 billion on behalf of more than 50,000 investors. Their philosophy is to create products that don’t just help real people solve real life problems, they also make a positive impact on the world around us.
To support the continuing expansion of the business, they are looking to grow the communications function with the hire of a Press and Internal Communications Officer. This individual will be a fearless self-starter, willing to take on projects and run with them; an ideas person who always has an ear to the ground and a keen eye for a news story.
Reporting into the Group Head of Corporate Communications, you will have an excellent mentor, but the freedom to develop the role and make it your own. This is a great opportunity for an ambitious PR professional to gain in-house experience and expand their skills set, as there is the added benefit of being part of a team delivering integrated communications campaigns across marketing, media and public affairs channels.
This role will be responsible for ensuring delivery of excellent press office services to journalists and internal stakeholders and responsibilities include:
- Improving the efficiency of the press office:
- Build up a strong network of personal finance and adviser press and help deliver an imaginative press hospitality programme
- Be responsible for drafting and issuing press releases, and follow up calls to target media to maximise coverage
- Help prepare spokespeople for media engagement, including drafting press briefing notes
- Help manage the media events programme and attend relevant industry events.
- Manage the News section on the website and intranet
- Take a leading role in developing and managing metrics reports and KPI tracking. Be responsible for monitoring and analysing press output and coverage
- Identify any reputational risks to the business early on to ensure messaging is managed effectively across all communication channels
- Internal reporting and knowledge sharing: develop and maintain a news calendar and forward features list for the company, monitor press coverage, share media insights and be responsible for drafting and issuing the weekly internal update
- Identify and develop additional brand building opportunities through broader marketing activity, including awards programmes, conferences and speaker opportunities
- Experience in a press office – either agency or in-house
- An understanding of the dynamics of the press office and requirements of delivering excellent press office services
- Good understanding of the national and trade media and ability to identify media opportunities
- Social media knowledge
- Good at building and managing relationships with a range of stakeholders
- Positive, tenacious and can-do approach; ability to work on your own initiative and as part of a team, a willingness to 'pitch in' as required in a rapidly growing organisation
- An exceptional ability to multi task and meticulous attention to detail
- Evidence of success when working under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Exceptional written and verbal communications skills
- Strong work ethic and excellent academic record
- A basic understanding of the financial services industry would be helpful, an interest is however essential!
- Experience of working in an entrepreneurial, rapidly growing business is important